Friday, 25 November 2016
This term we have been learning about Parliament. We have looked at the difference between government and parliament, NZ parliament, who is in government, how our government works and we compared democracy to dictatorship.
Three things that I learnt are NZ parliament are:
- David Carter is the speaker of the house
- Anyone can get kicked out
- The opposition sits on the left side
Posted by Unknown at 10:01
Monday, 21 November 2016
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that…….
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marea is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
Each Marae has different customs
It welcomes the people
The local people who lives near the Marae
The place you stand on
relationship and connection to family
Give your to someone
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marae is……... The carvings