Monday 31 March 2014

Choose your culture,treat it four ways

 We are learning about the elements and techniques of panting.
We are able to share our culture identities through the arts

1. I chose the Australian culture as the subject of my panting.I researched the icons of Australia and decided to focus on the kangaroo design because it is a national animal to the Australian culture.

2.I then learnt about pop art style created by Andy Warhol.In this style he chose popular icons and painted them using different colour mixes.He said that the rules of art were made to be broken.So his work was very new and creative when he started doing this.


3.I learnt about the colour wheel and the different colours on it:Primary colours-red yellow blue.
Secondary colours-Made by mixing the primary colours together.
Complementary colours-Colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel.

4.We drew a bold design of our icon using drawing pencil.We then turned it over and traced in onto cartridge paper four times,once in each quadrant.

5.We then chose the colour patterns we were going to paint our icon in.

6.I chose

Complementary-blue and orange.
Analagous-yellow,green and yellow green.
Black and white
Monochrome-red,light red and dark red.
To finish off I will detail in black.
I think my panting is on the Extended abstract level because I used all the elements on my panting.

No comments:

Post a Comment